Jump to Navigation

Tampa Alimony and Child Support Modification Lawyer

Has Your Life Changed? We Can Help

There are two main factors that will cause an ex-spouse to seek a post-divorce modification — a change of finances or a request for changes in child custody. At Mark S. Howard, P.A., we help individuals who are either responding to or requesting a post-divorce modification of alimony, child support or child custody. Mark Howard is an AV* rated lawyer and Tampa alimony and child support modification attorney who can help settle these issues efficiently and effectively. We don't believe in wasting your hard earned money on legal fees and so we work with an eye on your goal as well as your net result.

Change of Employment Issues

Before the banking/housing/mortgage lending crisis, the requests for a change in alimony or child support were because of upward changes in income. The receiving party would request modifications because the paying party's income had increased. Today, we are seeing more requests for modifications from the paying party due to decreased income.

At our law firm a child support or alimony modification after a divorce typically results from these sorts of events:

  • Bonuses, commissions or income of the paying party are less than anticipated
  • The receiving party loses a job, resulting in a greater need for support
  • The paying party loses a job, resulting in a decreased ability to pay
  • A new medical issue or other need of the child creates a new financial need
  • An employer discontinues health care coverage of the children

Basically, any significant financial change can result in a change of alimony payments or child support on behalf of either party. Contact our law firm and we will handle this legal issue for you efficiently and effectively.

Tampa/St. Petersburg Child Custody Modification Attorney

Minor child custody issues, such as a swap of holidays in the parenting plan, can usually be amicably resolved by the parents if they have a good working relationship. There are times however, when a child custody modification may be needed to codify a new arrangement. For example, if one parent takes a new job, or loses a job, the child custody could be modified to consider the new reality of parenting time considerations.

There are also specific Florida laws and statutes affecting child custody. For example, there is a statute that limits the ability of a primary custodial parent to remove the children in a relocation. We represent either a parent wishing to relocate, or a parent seeking to prevent a relocation. In either case, we work to handle your child custody issue efficient and effectively.

Contact Our Family Law Firm

We offer a free initial consultation. Please call 813-282-3563. You may also contact us via e-mail to schedule an initial free consultation.

*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.

Family law attorney Mark S. Howard, P.A., based in Tampa, represents individuals and small businesses in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Brandon, Plant City, Temple Terrace, Lakeland, Bloomingdale, Riverview, Gibsonton, Land O' Lakes, Pinellas Park, Largo, Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Oldsmar and Gulfport as well as other cities within Hillsborough County or Pinellas County, Florida.